It is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for your holiday. As a UK EHIC card is still valid in Europe until December 2020, we also strongly recommend that you take a valid EHIC with you whilst travelling and we will update this advice when more information is available. If you have an accident or need to visit the doctors, take your EHIC card with you. If you don't have it on you or don't have one, you will need to pay the doctor and you should then claim your money back from your insurance, less the applicable excess.

Did this answer your question?